Saturday 27 March 2010

An Accident waiting to happen

Uploading my latest stories to the blog whilst travelling very quickly to London on the Virgin West Coast.  Have to admit I have upgraded to first class (paid for by myself) because not only are the seats more comfortable, you can have free WIFI which allows me to do my emails, blog and work.  I know working on a Saturday at 9 am is rather keen and going to London with 40 days to the General Election is nutty but I have been summoned for a key meeting with the head Lib Dem party honchos.

 Anyway the latest story (accompanied by a particularly unflattering picture) details some serious concerns I have regarding road safety at the junction of Marshside Road and Marine Drive.  Because of the lack of lighting here, this is always a rather dangerous junction but my fears have been increased since sections of the fence of the former Sandwining Car Park have been damaged creating a gap.  This gap in the fence is allowing motorists to leave the car park over the raised pavement directly on to this very busy junction which is total madness.

I have raised the issue with the Highways Team and stressed the urgency.

No comments:

Post a Comment